Petite Canadienne

A Canadian MBA exchange student living in Paris.

Name:

Passionate about the energy sector...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Danish Design




My weekend in Denmark exceeded my expectations on a number of levels. I was impressed with the advanced use of technology - from the driverless subways to the rows of wind turbines generating energy. I was inspired by the Danish design that went into making the city look so sleek and modern. And the airport felt like a furniture showroom, with it's stylish luggage carts, potlights and hardwood floors, stainless steel tables, skylights...





Sean and Nat, (our gracious hosts are originally from Ottawa)introduced us to the local wildlife - or their Danish friends. They took the time to share information about the culture and to walk us all around the best of Copenhagen. It appeared that every Dane owned a bike and that running was the most popular activity. I felt very comfortable in this vibrant city until I attempted to jay-walk a quiet street with no cars approaching in either direction. Apparently, jay-walking is unacceptable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home