Petite Canadienne

A Canadian MBA exchange student living in Paris.

Name:

Passionate about the energy sector...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chocolat Chaud chez Angelina...






Few things bring such pleasure as savoring a cup of sinfully intoxicating hot chocolate in Paris - not the stuff made from powder of dubious origin, but the dark, bitter, and thick chocolat chaud! (It's the kind of hot chocolate that you could stick a spoon in the middle and it will likely stay upright.) In fact, the hot chocolate is so good at Chez Angelina that my best friend requested that I ship four bags of the famous chocolate granules to her in Toronto.

It was easy to find a few HEC MBA students who were willing to join me on this errand. We were very happy with our mid-winter treat at this famous Viennese cafe. I must stay that I enjoyed the prestigious surroundings almost as much as the hot chocolate! Established in 1903, the main room on the ground floor was lit by a glass roof. The gilded molding from floor to ceiling and the marble tables gave the place an incredible sense of elegance. We spotted a few older French couples eating lunch as well as some tourists. Rumor has it that Chez Angelina is a favourite hangout for famous designers, including Jean-Paul Gautier and Karl Lagerfeld. I guess I'll have to go back again. Maybe I should start an export business and ship the granules to those who really want to try it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home